Two more break and enters took place in Masset last week, prompting RCMP to suggest, once again, that people lock their doors.
One hundred and fifty dollars was stolen from a Masset house while the resident was sleeping on a nearby couch.
There were no witnesses, nor are there any suspects for this incident, which Masset RCMP Const. Andrea Wood said took place sometime during the evening of April 15 or the early morning of April 16.
Another attempted break-in took place at a Masset business on April 17. Nothing was taken, but the owner heard a noise and saw the perpetrator running away from the scene. The person was not identified.
In other police news, Const. Wood said a seat belt blitz is coming. Recent statistics compiled by ICBC indicate that only 70 per cent of people in Masset are wearing their seat belts.
“We need to get that number up,” says Const. Wood. “We will be cracking down.”
- Contact Us