Break and enter in Charlotte

  • Jun. 20, 2012 7:00 p.m.

Queen Charlotte RCMP responded to 12 calls during the week of June 11-17, says Cpl. Ron Masch. The calls included the following: On June 14, RCMP received a complaint that two male youths had entered a residence on Second Avenue in Queen Charlotte. Police attended and located the youths, who were carrying property stolen from the residence. They were arrested for break and enter. The investigation revealed that some of the property had been taken from another residence that had been broken into earlier. The two youths were released to appear later in court. RCMP continue to investigate. Cpl. Masch said that over the past months, the Queen Charlotte RCMP have arrested and charged several people in four separate break and enter investigations. Police thank the public for their assistance in reporting suspicious activities as they occur. Without this help, Cpl. Masch said, many of these crimes might not have been solved. On June 15, police received a complaint that gas had been siphoned from vehicles at the Skidegate Health Centre. It was later reported that someone had seen a man leaving the parking lot with a hose in his hand. Police are investigating.

Just Posted

Village of Masset gets set to manage local harbour

The idea was a long time in dock, but it’s nearly ready… Continue reading

Reverend Lily Bell wins Lions’ Lifetime Achievement Award

She loves dancing, singing and the colour yellow. She is a Raven,… Continue reading

BC SPCA constable visits Haida Gwaii

Special Constable John Meneray shook plenty of hands and a few paws… Continue reading

Nathan Cullen hosts ‘Create Your Canada’ contest

Local MP Nathan Cullen has a contest for people who catch themselves… Continue reading

In Pictures: Masset Main Street packed for Harbour Day

Sunshine and a fun set of games, sports, BBQs, fish bakes, pancake… Continue reading

Vancouver Island girl scores with winning song for BC Summer Games

‘Colours’ is a perfect theme for 2018 BC Summer Games

Update: Wildfire northwest of Kamloops jumps from 60 to 800 hectares

Ground crews and aircraft are responding to an estimated 50 hectare wildfire approximately 55 kilometers northwest of Kamloops, near the Deadman Vidette Road.

B.C. pipeline goes ahead despite scrapped Pacific Northwest LNG

NEB approves amendment for $1.4-billion natural gas North Montney Mainline Project

Feds limit chinook fishery to help killer whale recovery

Chinook is main food source for only 76 southern residents killer whales left

B.C. mom who died just before daughter’s wedding wanted family to be happy: twin

Ann Wittenberg was pulled into the ocean while on a surf board in Tofino last weekend

Courtenay-Alberni MP calls for lifeguards at popular surf spot near Tofino

The Pacific Rim National Park Reserve is defending its decision to cancel the surf guard program.

Harvey Weinstein to surrender in sex misconduct probe: officials

Would be first criminal charge against Weinstein since scores of women came forward

Media are not an arm of the police, Vice lawyer tells Supreme Court hearing

Ben Makuch challenges Ontario Court of Appeal ruling that he must give materials for stories to RCMP

B.C. launches plan to tackle doctor shortage, emergency room congestion

John Horgan aims to set up regional primary care networks in a ‘team-based’ approach

Most Read