Submtted by the QCI Chamber of Commerce–The QCI Chamber of Commerce will be meeting for the first time since the summer on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 7:00 pm in the office above Gas Plus, Port Clements. The main agenda item will be selecting a focus for our efforts based on the issues discussed with Don Manson of UNBC re community economic development project. These issues included:
– Competition versus cooperation between communities and organizations
– Transportation, including BC Ferries and cargo
– Infrastructure development, including electricity availability for secondary
-industry and Internet access
– Uncertainty in investment climate and the Haida treaty process
– Maintenance of essential community services, human resources and training, during economic downturns so as to allow recovery
– Funding in terms of seed money to finance grant applications and also for ongoing operations to allow for long term planning.
While only members can vote on the decision, everyone is welcome to attend. Also to be
discussed and voted on is whether to continue rotating meeting locations or to have all
meetings at the chamber office where attendance seems to be best. A complete agenda
will be available on the chamber website at www.qcislands.net/chamber.
- Submit News Tip
- Trending Now
- Photo Galleries
- Contact Us