1. I do know that the party intends to tax marijuana and that with reduced policing, court, and penal costs should leave some room for tax incentives.
2. I believe you have a wind electric project in the works. I support this and the stable and cheap rates that it will afford as well as the construction jobs it will create in the short term as well as the long term economic and employment benefits.
3. (A) I believe that crown corporations belong to the people and that should be the determining factor of whether or not to privatize. At some time a corporation achieves adulthood and depending on the public needs for it to remain or revert to public sector, public needs should be the determining factor.
3 (B) The Government can buy up any private corporation at anytime it should be in the public interests and not to corporate welfare (not a constant drain on the peoples’ taxes) e.g. New Zealand Sheep.
Tourism I believe that the Haida Gwaii culture as well the rest of the North Coast Native Culture is an important draw to this area. It is a shame that people go to Vancouver to look at totem poles and never realize where they really come from or the beauty that creates them. I would like to see that change.
Forestry 1. I have in the past worked for a couple of small silvaculture companies I believe that the small and more important local approach is usually the best solution.
2. As stated above I believe that small and especially local companies have more insight into an area as well as sensitivity to the issues surrounding a local area, I also believe that local resources should be utilized locally before anyone else has a stake.
3. I am a local Stewart longshore man and do export raw logs. I do however believe that that is a decision that is best left up to the community and do respect your position in this matter and do wish that I had your position.
There are two issues as far as this is concerned as well as the Bowser Basin, Number one is native rights and concerns number two is the federal government I believe that the federal government is in error I don’t see how they can help Hybernia and yet turn a blind eye to B.C. I think we should be looking for a similar deal.
I live in a small northern community and am certain that there can be no further reductions in health care clinics funding or services we have a wonderful hospital (too bad that it isn’t open more.)
Transport I work on the Highways and have suggested to Bill Belsey that the fast cats be moved to the Northern Coast waters, he stated that this was not possible as they require maintenance every four hours, I think that as part of the 2010 Olympics upgrade as well as promise of confederation a fixed link (a.k.a. The Confederation bridge P.E.I, N.B.) should be created to Vancouver Island and the rest of the ferry fleet should be put into service in the resd of B.C. Coastal Communities.
Aboriginal interests My rights are treaded on daily. My position as far as the rights of others and myself is that they are paramount. My party recognizes the rights of all and is committed to honoring them
Public Education 1. Our Elementary school is one of the 113 schools closed also school busing from outlying areas has been cancelled. My father and mother were both teachers and I know from first hand knowledge that good things happen when you lower the student teacher ratio. I believe that funding needs to catch up to kids
2. I believe that given the mobility of our society as well as transient-ness of the workforce it behooves us to at least carry some capacity to be able to adjust to changing conditions and as stated above wonderful things happen when you lower the student teacher ratio.
3. A well educated, broadly schooled, and attentive workforce is a huge asset to this province and country. We have had some of the best and brightest in this country and province and this is a national treasure we need to fight for.
4. I have spent some time with both the handicap and the disabled. I find it reprehensible that anyone would take anything that was ever given to any of the these groups.
5. As stated earlier I am a member of the long shore men’s union (as well as the private sector) and as an employee I from time to time have a good idea on how to make things easier or better for everyone and believe that teachers as well as the rest of us probably have a similar working knowledge. It is an asset, not all ideas are adopted that does not mean that they are bad ideas, it means that they just weren’t adopted today.