No decision yet on new hospital for Queen Charlotte

  • Feb. 24, 2012 6:00 p.m.

There’s no news on the new hospital planned for Queen Charlotte, despite the provincial budget released earlier this week. “We have received a business case from Northern Health on it, we are reviewing that business case,” said Ryan Jabs, media relations manager for the Ministry of Health in Victoria. “We are not saying there is going to be or there is not going to be,” he said. Mr. Jabs also said he hoped the review will be completed in the next few weeks. “If (the business case) is solid enough from our capital works folks perspective, then we will move forward on it,” he said. The hospital in Queen Charlotte was originally built in 1955 and was due for replacement in the 1990s when the province froze all such projects.