Submitted by Pat Carrie Smith for the Sandspit Rod & Gun Club–It was certainly a mixed bag for weather last weekend. Only 16 fish were weighed in (we had 29 the previous weekend), but Sunday’s bouncy seas surely had something to do with that. We heard from one avid derby fisherman that the water turned nasty quite suddenly out there, and when a wave broke over the boat, it seemed prudent to come in! The weekend winner was Dennis Mintenko with a 12-pound 9-ounce fish, and Top Lady was Bev Collison with an 11-pound 9-ounce Coho. Top juniors are: 1st, Jeremiah Zeller (9 pounds, 8 ounces) and Tyler Zeller (9 pounds 6 ounces).
The high-liners now say you have to have the weather before you can do the rest. Still one day is better than none. Good to see some familiar names showing up on the board: good to see you, Bev & Dennis. The “Big” question now is – is it big enough? Of course Terry & Alex are looking forward to the last weekend. Chef-master Ray was away, however his cadre of chef-master subs did a superb job – even on the sourdough pancakes. Come join the action on the last weekend! It will also be the last Sunday for those famous pancakes.
1. Terry Jordon, 14 lbs 2 oz.
2. Marcel Vesti, 14 lbs 1 _ oz.
3. Bob Botel, 14 lbs 1 oz.
4. Ken Anderson, 14 lbs _ oz.
5. Bert Salanski, 13 lbs 14 oz.
6. Shain Olson, 13 lbs 1 oz.
7. Les Wourms, 12 lbs 15 oz.
8. Pat Wourms, 12 lbs 14 oz.
9. Dennis Mintenko, 12 lbs 9 oz.
10. Alex Matson, 11 lbs 12 oz.
Top Lady–Bev Collison, 11 lbs 9 oz.
1. Jr. Jeremiah Zeller, 09 lbs 8 oz.
2. Jr. Tyler Zeller, 09 lbs 6 oz.
16 fish weighed in