A Masset man received first-degree burns after the propane tank he was cleaning exploded.
On Wednesaday (January 3), Steve Abrams, an employee of Coastal Propane Inc., was replacing a leaky o-ring on a tank that had been empty for a few days. He took a wire brush to the tank cover, to clear it of rust, when leftover fumes ignited.
“It is very unusual to have a pocket of fumes after the tank has been emptied, says Hardip Jhajj, manager of the facility.
Mr. Jhajj says Mr. Abrams followed the same procedure as with any other tank.
“He has done these in I don’t know how many trailers,” said Mr. Jhajj.
Mr. Abrams received first-degree burns and some second degree burns on his arms and chest and was taken to the hospital.
- B.C. Wildfires
- Good News
- Cannabis 19+
- Submit News Tip
- Trending Now
- Photo Galleries
- Contact Us
- Site Map